Monday, May 3, 2010

My daughter is Amazing!





I don't normally post many personal blog post, however this one is special. My daughter is amazing and I just couldn't not post some snap shots and brag about her...

As a family we have been touched by cancer in many ways, we know survivors, ones who were taken from this earth and even some that are still fighting. Brooke and I, along with a wonderful group of fellow actors, their families and our friends have a annual Relay For Life team, The JT PLAYERS (NOR Junior Theatre actors, family, and friends). Our relay event was held on May 1st 2010. Brooke shocked us all when she put up the challenge to the Bakersfield Community - Raise $2000 is 30 minutes. If that could be done she was going bald. You bet Bakersfield did it. Here is a small facebook post by one of our friends and fellow team members: "
AMAZING experience for one of my relay team members! she raised $3618.57 for cancer research and shaved off all her hair and donated it to locks of love. but what's even more amazing... here's her response... "The Woman who shaved my head was a breast cancer survivor of nine years, with a mother who had cancer, and a sister who is currently undergoing chemotherapy. She was the first person I asked if it was possible to make that happen, and she found Robin immediately and made it happen for us. She was incredibly insightful, holding my hand and being truly passionate about the cause for which I wanted to shave my head. It wasn't about donating to locks of love, although I'm happy I am. And it wasn't ALL about the money, either, although I knew Bakersfield could do it no problem. It was to show women that bald is beautiful. And it's hair, it grows back. Best quote I heard after shaving, "Hair is just an extra addition to what makes a person beautiful on the outside, but the lack of hair shows an even more beautiful inside""--- Brooke you are an amazing person!!!
I have to agree with Kathryn, Brooke amazed us all and inspired many. Thanks to everyone for their support.

This years relay is over, but the fight against cancer is not, anyone interested in donating to the ACS Relay for Life or joining a team let me know. We will be fundraising from now to next year to reach our 2011 Relay Goal.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

it still gives me chills!